The Queen vs. The Defendant
Cases tagged as Prostitution
Cases in 2018
R. v. M.A.2018
The client was charged with obtaining sexual services for consideration. I met with the crown prosecutor and convinced them to refer my client to the Alternative Measures Program. Once the client completed the requirements of the program, the charge was withdrawn. My client was left without a conviction and without a criminal record.
Cases in 2016
R. v. J.L.2016
The client was charged with prostitution related offences. Ms. Karpa had the charges dropped. No criminal record. No conviction.
R. v. B.S.2016
The client was initially charged with sexual assault. Though this was originally an indictable offence, the information was re-laid and Ms. Karpa convinced the crown to re-elect summarily. At that time the client was charged with sexual assault, obtaining for consideration sexual services, and fraud under $5000. He plead guilty to fraud over $5000 and a conditional discharge was granted.
R. v. M.U.2016
The client was charged with obtaining sexual services for consideration. Ms. Karpa had the matter referred to the Alternative Measures Program and the charge was withdrawn. No criminal record/no criminal conviction.
View Successful Cases
- Assaults, Threats, and Harassment Cases
- Sexual Assault & Other Sexual Offences Cases
- Possession of Child Pornography and Luring Cases
- Drug Offences Cases
- Firearms & Weapons Offences Cases
- Property Related Offences Cases
- Murder & Manslaughter Offences Cases
- Impaired Driving & Other Driving Offences Cases
- Release Conditions Probation and Conditional Sentences Cases
- Release and Bail Cases